If you think you may be suffering from depression then there is a series of action you need to take to feel better and prevent yourself from getting worse. Go easy on yourself and engage in self care. Get sleep. Eat well. Take a bath. Look after yourself. Many cases of depression come from people becoming overworked or ignoring their well being. Start caring for yourself so you an be well.
- Go see the doctor. Get a firm diagnosis and determine what the cause is. Is it related to another condition? Is it because of a neurochemical issue (usually genetic) or a lifestyle issue. Are you suffering because of you life circumstance? Or are you bipolar?
- If needed get a second opinion.
- Start your medication, if prescribed.
- Share what you are deal with with your boss. And take sick leave if needed. You will likely need a doctors note.
- Review your exercise and nutrition routines. Even a brisk walk each day is going to help. Healthy healthy brain foods such as green vegetables, low fat proteins, and health grains. See a dietician if you feed you need help.
- Ask a friend or family member to be your health advocate. People who are support with everyday chores and who have companionship and even some one to go to the doctor with improve faster than those that don’t.
- Seek alternative ways to feel happier. There are exercises and therapies you can use to improve your mood. See them out. There are some recommended exercises here.
- Buy and read the book Feel Better Now and take the included 7 days to feel better online course. INFO HERE
- Ask an Expert on this site for free if you have questions