Want to learn how you will be able to eradicate mental health issues i the near future? Super You will show you. It is one of the many topics covered in this book about the near future. Written by Kay Walker and her husband Andy Walker and colleague Sean Carruthers, this book shows you the future of being human and how we will be able to live disease free.
Rewind your biology and live like a 20-year-old
Edit your genes to live disease free
Wipe away mental disorders with a custom pill
Find a parking space with your Internet-connected brain!
Advances in longevity, genetics, nanotech, and robotics will make all this
possible very soon.
This is not science fiction. This is your future. Right now, pioneering scientists
and technologists are transforming what it means to be human by overcoming
biological limits that have existed since our ancestors swung out of the
trees…and into the suburbs. With incredible inspiration and perseverance, these
visionaries are solving deep problems of human health and longevity–and their
progress is accelerating. Super You takes you inside their labs, companies, and
minds… to show how you will reap the benefits of a stronger, longer, better, life.
You’ll learn how to start hacking your life today, to become more super, every
day. Discover what’s possible when yesterday’s human limits are gone! (And find that
parking space, too.)
* Learn how evolution became obsolete–and why it’s time to start hacking
* Save your life, with whirring “jet engine” hearts, printed organs, and other
* Rewire and turbo-boost your ape brain
* Become a megamind by connecting your brain directly to the Internet to
use Google’s synthetic neocortex
* Become superhuman with cyborg technology
* Design and mold your looks (and see what happens when you can)
* Genetically engineer your baby to be a tennis star (and other true stories)
* Prepare for the political and religious backlash against the future
* Discover how scientists will make death obsolete by treating it like a
curable disease–and how to live until they do