Do you have a family member or friend in your life that is suffering from depression and they can’t seem to get out or help themselves? If you’re sick of watching them suffer with limited support from their medical professionals, you’ve come to the right place. Browse the gallery of free articles below for instant support. When it comes to depression, knowledge gives you power. Educate yourself so you know what to do to help your loved one. Below, you’ll find everything from basic information on depression, to information on conventional therapies, plus the unconventional stuff you may not find anywhere else.
- Factors that increase the likelihood a person will get depression
- Types of depression
- Understanding the difference between depression and sadness
- Medical issues where depression is a symptom
- Suicide warning signs and FAQs
CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT OPTIONS:
- Antidepressants explained
- Antidepressants: Are they right for you?
- Electroconvulsive therapy: Does your loved one need it?
- What’s CBT?
- What’s DBT?
LESS CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT OPTIONS:
- Natural remedies that can ease symptoms of depression
- The benefits of music therapy
- Understanding mindfulness
- Meditation: science and practice
- Depression recovery map
- What to tell your loved one to do when they can’t afford health insurance
- Self-care: Are they getting enough?
- How art therapy can help relieve depression symptoms
- Challenges during recovery and how to deal with them
- Ask an expert support feature
- Using affirmations to shift behaviors
- Share this with your loved one: Future projections exercise